If you're reading this, you should come visit me! The best way to do this is to volunteer. Most of the people our age out here are working and it gives you a chance to get the real experience and to hang out with people other than just me. The community is really happy to adopt volunteers for as long as they're out here. Plus, if you volunteer, we cover your boat trip, room and board, basically everything except getting you to Portsmouth. It's a great deal.
So. If you want to come see me/hang out by the ocean/take an awesome and cheap vacation, here's what you need to do. Get in touch with me, probably through email, to figure out dates and boat schedules, and let me know if you have any useful skills, like carpentry, the ability to magically fix washing machines, A/V wizardry, cooking, or groundskeeping (you don't have to have these skills, lord knows I don't, I'd just like to know if you do). Then I'll shout out to our Volunteer Coordinator (our desks are back to back) and we'll get you set up.
I would love to share this experience with you guys. It's a real special place out here. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment